TikToks and Reels and emails, oh my! In this era of digital oversaturation, going back to the basics can be your best strategy for cutting through the noise. Enter Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and Short Message Service (SMS). Much more than old-school texting methods, MMS and SMS are powerful, direct channels that can amplify your marketing strategy and engage clients in a personal, meaningful way.
Let’s explore eight advantages of using MMS and SMS for your freelance marketing and how they can transform your outreach efforts.
Benefits of MMS and SMS for Marketing
- High open rates: SMS messages have an exceptionally high open rate of around 98%, which ensures that your communication is more likely to be seen by clients and prospects compared to emails, which have lower open rates.
- Immediate delivery: SMS and MMS messages are typically delivered and read within minutes, making them an efficient way to communicate time-sensitive information, such as appointment reminders, promotions, or urgent updates.
- Personal touch: Text messages can create a more personal connection with your clients by offering a direct line of communication. Personalized messages can help build rapport and improve client relationships.
- Mobile-friendly: Most people have their mobile phones with them at all times, making SMS and MMS a convenient way to reach your clients wherever they are.
- Cost-effective: SMS and MMS services are generally affordable, making them accessible for freelancers with limited marketing budgets.
- Easy to track and measure: Many SMS and MMS marketing platforms offer tracking features that allow you to monitor the performance of your campaigns, such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversions. This data can help you refine your marketing strategies over time.
- Wide reach: SMS and MMS messages can be sent to clients regardless of their device type, operating system, or internet connectivity. This ensures your message reaches a wide range of clients, including those who may not have access to email or social media.
- Limited competition: Unlike email and social media, there is less competition in SMS and MMS marketing, giving you a better chance to stand out and engage with your clients.
Tips for Using MMS and SMS
Here are some tips for how to use MMS and SMS effectively for your freelance business:
- Always get permission: Make sure your clients and prospects have opted in to receive messages from you to avoid spamming and comply with applicable regulations.
- Keep messages clear and concise: Since SMS has a 160-character limit, ensure your messages are brief and to the point.
- Use a professional tone: Maintain a professional tone in your messages to preserve your brand image.
- Time your messages appropriately: Send messages at appropriate times to avoid disturbing clients or sending them during inconvenient hours.
- Test and optimize: Monitor the performance of your SMS and MMS campaigns and make adjustments as needed to improve their effectiveness.
Embracing MMS and SMS
MMS and SMS can be valuable tools for your freelance business because they provide a direct line to your clients’ daily lives, combining immediacy with intimacy in a way that other platforms can’t match. With the right approach and a sprinkle of creativity, you can harness the power of MMS and SMS to elevate your client relationships and position your freelance business for greater success.
Remember, in the vast sea of digital communication, a well-timed, well-crafted message is your beacon of connection. So, go ahead, embrace MMS and SMS and watch your freelance business thrive!
Download Our Free Content Strategy ebook
Ready to do more with your marketing? Download our FREE ebook, The Ultimate Guide to Creating a Content Strategy for Freelancers and Small Businesses. You’ll learn the key steps to creating a content strategy, plus tips, examples, and best practices to hit the ground running.